- RSS Channel Showcase 5283067
- RSS Channel Showcase 5462276
- RSS Channel Showcase 6189276
- RSS Channel Showcase 4261265
Articles on this Page
- 02/25/14--07:28: _RE: The database fi...
- 03/14/14--05:31: _RE: Log shipping er...
- 03/14/14--21:17: _How to Perform SQL ...
- 03/15/14--02:42: _RE: How to Perform ...
- 03/17/14--07:46: _Regarding, which tr...
- 03/17/14--21:11: _RE: Regarding, whic...
- 03/18/14--05:43: _Error 880: BACKUP D...
- 03/19/14--00:20: _In log shipping,do ...
- 03/19/14--08:49: _RE: Error 880: BACK...
- 03/19/14--09:52: _RE: SQL Backup 7.0 ...
- 03/19/14--13:21: _Correct Syntax for ...
- 03/19/14--13:37: _RE: Correct Syntax ...
- 03/19/14--15:54: _Delay between backu...
- 03/20/14--02:22: _RE: SQL Backup 7.0 ...
- 03/20/14--02:28: _RE: Delay between b...
- 03/20/14--02:37: _RE: Correct Syntax ...
- 03/20/14--07:36: _RE: In log shipping...
- 03/20/14--14:57: _RE: Delay between b...
- 03/20/14--16:01: _Restore fails with ...
- 03/20/14--18:28: _RE: Delay between b...
- 02/25/14--07:28: RE: The database file is larger than the configured maximum size
- 03/14/14--05:31: RE: Log shipping error "Folder Does not exist" for shared pathh
- 03/14/14--21:17: How to Perform SQL Server Backup Recovery Task?
- 03/15/14--02:42: RE: How to Perform SQL Server Backup Recovery Task?
- 03/17/14--07:46: Regarding, which transaction log restore after full restore
- 03/17/14--21:11: RE: Regarding, which transaction log restore after full restore
- 03/18/14--05:43: Error 880: BACKUP DATABASE permission denied in database
- 03/19/14--00:20: In log shipping,do you needto license thedestination server?
- 03/19/14--08:49: RE: Error 880: BACKUP DATABASE permission denied in database
- 03/19/14--09:52: RE: SQL Backup 7.0 has been released
- 03/19/14--13:21: Correct Syntax for Restoring sQBHeaderOnly with Password
- 03/19/14--13:37: RE: Correct Syntax for Restoring sQBHeaderOnly with Password
- 03/19/14--15:54: Delay between backups on SQL Backup Pro
- 03/20/14--02:22: RE: SQL Backup 7.0 has been released
- 03/20/14--02:28: RE: Delay between backups on SQL Backup Pro
- 03/20/14--02:37: RE: Correct Syntax for Restoring sQBHeaderOnly with Password
- 03/20/14--07:36: RE: In log shipping,do you needto license thedestination server?
- 03/20/14--14:57: RE: Delay between backups on SQL Backup Pro
- 03/20/14--16:01: Restore fails with Error 507: No valid backup sets found
- 03/20/14--18:28: RE: Delay between backups on SQL Backup Pro
It solve my one problem but still I am facing other problem.
I am connect to one of our server suppose "XYZ"via "SQL authentication ".
"SQL backup Agent " service run under "XYZ\administrator" user id at "XYZ" server.
When I try to restore database via "Red Gate SQL Backup" , then it give me below error for all backup file.
Readling Flielist of "H:\full_Backup\abc.sqd"
SQL error 18456: Login Failed for user 'sa'.
Server : TILL-DR
Failed to connect to SQL server instance: TILL-DR
SQLBackup exit code:586
SQL error code : 18456
Can you please reply us as early as possible.
Apologies for very late reply.
Please find my SP and execution result as per below,
EXECUTE master..sqbutility 999, 'RWE', '\\Rym-db-svr\RedGateLogShipping'
So means that I gave correct path and user has correct permission also.
But Logshippingâs step 3 still say that âFolder Does not existâ .
Can you please try to resolve it.
I am using SQL Server version 2012 and suddenly I have got errors message while restoring backup database. Please solve my query and recommend some tool or utilities that will recover my backup database.
You can easily recover your corrupted SQL backup database into healthy environment. visit here for more information: http://www.sqlserverdatabaserecovery.org/recover-corrupted-backup-sql-server.html
I have face problem when try to restore transaction log,
Suppose we have two DB servers : SERVER-A and SERVER-B
Database is PayrollDB on SERVER-A, which we want to logshipping on SERVER-B.
We have full back at 3:45 AM every day for PayrollDB on SERVER-A.
And transaction log backup every 10 minutes for every day for entire day.
Our last SERVER-Aâs PayrollDB full back up start at 3:45 am and completed at 4:08 am (took around 23 min for full backup).
As transaction log backup at every 10 min , we have transaction log backup at 3:40 am, 3:50 am, 4:00 am, 4:10 am , 4:20 am ,4:30 am , 12:30 pm , 1:00 pm and for entire day.
For Start log shipping , I restore SERVER-Aâs PayrollDB with âNon-operational (RESTORE WITH NORECOVERY)â option at 12:30 pm and restore database on SERVER-B with name âPayrollDBâ.
Now my query is for restore transaction log backup do I need to start from 3:40 am or 3:50 am or 4:00 am or 4:10 am or 4:20 am or 12:20 pm or 12:30 pm or 12:40 pm . Actually I tried with all transaction log backup but all the time I got same error ,
Executed as user: XXXX\Administrator. SQL Backup failed with exit code: 1100 SQL error code: 4305 [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 50000). The step failed.
Please help me to resolve it ASAP.
SQL Backup generates a log file for each process that it runs. The default folder where the logs are stored is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\<instance name> on Windows 2003 and older, and C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\<instance name> on Windows Vista and newer.
Could you please post the contents of the log for the backups that failed?
i'm on a new System (Windows Server 2012 R2 / SQL Server 2012 Enterprise) with a fresh install of SQL Backup 7.6
The SQL Backup Service runs under a Domain User with appropriate permissions.
But the scheduled Backup Jobs failed with Error 880.
17.03.2014 20:10:00: Error 880: BACKUP DATABASE permission denied in database: (master)
17.03.2014 20:10:00: SQL error 15157: Fehler bei 'Setuser' aufgrund einer der folgenden Ursachen: Der Datenbankprinzipal 'DOMAIN\XXXX-SQL-01$' ist nicht vorhanden, der entsprechende Serverprinzipal hat keinen Serverzugriff, fÃ¼r diese Art von
Datenbankprinzipal ist kein IdentitÃ¤tswechsel mÃ¶glich, oder Sie haben nicht die erforderliche Berechtigung.
I added SkipChecks = 1 to the Registry.
Now the Backup runs without errors, but the Jobs run under the Server-User "DOMAIN\XXXX-SQL-01$" and not with the Useraccount specified for the SQL Backup Service.
How can i get the Backup Service to run under the correct Domain User Account?
I would like to set up a scheduled log shipping for a certain database, however the destination server is not registered/license. I just need the destination database be updated with newly taken TRN log, so it is in stand-by or read-only state.
Do I need to have a license for the destination server where the database is read-only? I already have a method for this though, done by taking backup of the source database then a script that will copy it to the destination server and a job to auto restore it on schedule. But I also want to utilize log shipping of SQL backup pro. Can't I just do it?
Thank you for your support request.
The SkipChecks registry key simply prevents SQL Backup from performing the User Rights check.
Scheduled jobs, use the SQL Agent to trigger the command to the SQL Backup Extended Stored procedure so the backup or restore runs.
I suspect the Job owner or the SQL Agent service account is being picked up as the account running the job. Is this incorrect user being displayed in SSMS or SQL Backup GUI or both?
I'd like to know if the new version supports creating a scheduled backup job that is a copy_only backup? I see copy_only listed as a new feature but its not celar if I can setup a scheduled jopb (recuring or one time) that will create a copy_only backup everytime it runs.
I am having issues with the syntax for sqbheaderonly in SQL SERVER Managment Studio
EXECUTE master..sqlbackup '-SQL "RESTORE SQBHEADERONLY FROM DISK = ''c:\backups\FULL_DB001_superbill_24305_prod_20140219_200928_encr.sqb''With Password='''teest'''"'
Can someone please tell me what I am missing.
Syntax error: 'teest''' after 'c:\backups\FULL_DB001_superbill_24305_prod_20140219_200928_encr.sqb WITH PASSWORD ='
I see a delay in my backup logs of five minutes. I have 150 small databases to backup. The actual backup takes less than a minute, bu then it's another five minutes between when the next backup begins. Why is this?
I setup a job on another one of my servers that has a similar number of databases, and there is no delay between backups.
The log isn't giving me any insight in why this would be.
Yes, SQL Backup v7 does support copy_only backup. Step 2 of both the backup wizard and scheduled backup wizard you can select a copy-only backup. Or you can edit your existing syntax and add the copy_only keyword.
If you create a scheduled backup job and select the copy_only option, it will perform a copy_only backup every time the job is run.
The latest version of SQL Backup is now at V7.6.
Could you please post the backup command you are using to back up your databases? Thanks.
|EXECUTE master..sqlbackup '-SQL "RESTORE SQBHEADERONLY FROM DISK = ''c:\backups\FULL_DB001_superbill_24305_prod_20140219_200928_encr.sqb'' WITH PASSWORD = ''teest'' "'|
|EXECUTE master..sqlbackup '-SQL "RESTORE SQBHEADERONLY FROM DISK = [c:\backups\FULL_DB001_superbill_24305_prod_20140219_200928_encr.sqb] WITH PASSWORD = [teest] "'|
To restore any SQL Backup backup you must decompress and/or decrypt them. This requires the SQL Backup Server Components to work, and in turn the components need to be activated.
Unfortunately this cannot be worked around on a scheduled job.
I opened a ticket. I don't want to make you do repeated work. I'll post the results of the ticket here for Google.
This is the code SQL Backup 7 generates for a Scheduled Restore...
DECLARE @exitcode int
DECLARE @sqlerrorcode int
EXECUTE master..sqlbackup '-SQL "RESTORE DATABASE [TCM] FROM DISK = ''\\server_path\backup_path\App_name\*.bak'' SOURCE = ''dbname'' LATEST_ALL WITH RECOVERY, DISCONNECT_EXISTING, MOVE DATAFILES TO ''E:\DB'', MOVE LOGFILES TO ''F:\USERDBLOGS'', REPLACE, ORPHAN_CHECK, CHECKDB = ''NO_INFOMSGS, ALL_ERRORMSGS''"', @exitcode OUT, @sqlerrorcode OUT
IF (@exitcode >= 500) OR (@sqlerrorcode <> 0)
RAISERROR ('SQL Backup failed with exit code: %d SQL error code: %d', 16, 1, @exitcode, @sqlerrorcode)
I am getting the following error...
Error 507: No valid backup sets found from provided folder(s). SQL Backup exit code: 507
Can SQL Backup restore .bak files or do they have to be .sqb files?[/img]
If it helps, the most common cause of the delay is when you:
- - backup a lot of databases using the BACKUP DATABASES syntax
- to the same folder
- and use the ERASEFILES option to delete older backup files
In these situations, there will be a lot of files in that single folder, and after every database backup, SQL Backup will scan every single file in that folder to determine which file it needs to delete. This issue will be compounded if you back up to a network share, as the scanning process will take even longer.
What you can do is to place each database's backup files in its own separate folder using the <DATABASE> tag e.g. instead of
|EXEC master..sqlbackup '-sql "BACKUP DATABASES [*] TO DISK = [\\netshare\backups\<AUTO>]... " '|
|EXEC master..sqlbackup '-sql "BACKUP DATABASES [*] TO DISK = [\\netshare\backups\<DATABASE>\<AUTO>]... " '|
Now, SQL Backup needs to scan only that specific database's folder to determine which file(s) to delete, which speeds things up significantly. If that is still too slow, you can add another subfolder based on the backup type using the <TYPE> tag e.g.
|EXEC master..sqlbackup '-sql "BACKUP DATABASES [*] TO DISK = [\\netshare\backups\<DATABASE>\<TYPE>\<AUTO>]... " '|